On Friday, December 16, 2022, the Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology held its Annual Winter Awards Banquet at KoPita Authentic Mediterranean in downtown Knoxville. The banquet, which featured a game of trivia and White Elephant, provided EPP students, staff, and faculty the opportunity to celebrate the 2022 year.
The event honored graduates Ryan Kuster and Sandra Pena for their achievements and announced the 2022 departmental award winners for their accomplishments and contributions. The list below details each category and award presented at the event:
- Russell and Bobbie Bull Outstanding Ph.D. Graduate Student Award in Entomology – Kassie Hollabaugh and Matthew Longmire
- Outstanding Ph.D. Graduate Student Award in Plant Pathology – Shelly Pate
- Distinguished Alumni Award in Entomology and Plant Pathology – Steve Powell, State Entomologist
- Pless to Outstanding Faculty – Dr. Heather Kelly
- Pless to Outstanding Technical Staff – Dr. Caroline Placidi de Bortoli
- Pless to Outstanding Administrative Staff – Teneria Parker
- Pless to Outstanding Administrative Staff (2021) – Tonya Jelf
The EPP social committee would like to thank everyone for attending the 2022 Entomology and Plant Pathology Winter Banquet. Congratulations to all the award winners and graduates.