- This event has passed.
What UT Knoxville is Doing in Response to COVID-19
March 23, 2020 - May 7, 2020
- All classes have been moved online following spring break, effective March 23, for the duration of the spring semester.
- Students are expected to stay home and participate in online classes from their primary residence. Students who are not able to stay at home after spring break can register for an exemption to continue to live on campus.
- All university events are canceled, including commencement.
- All UT Knoxville–sponsored study abroad programs with departure dates prior to May 20 have been suspended.
- Any student, faculty, or staff who travels outside the US or goes on any cruise ship may not return to campus for two weeks upon their return home. Community spreading of the virus is occurring globally.
- Effective March 10, nonessential UT-related international and domestic travel outside the state of Tennessee was suspended with reimbursement of associated costs.